Monday, February 27, 2012

Gear Acquisition Syndrome Strikes Again

Guitar players (of which I am one) often suffer from something we endearingly(?) call Gear Acquisition Syndrome  aka G.A.S. (we also have the sense of humor of 12 year old boys).

Now I'm not sure what the miniatures equivalent is, but I just placed orders with Irregular and Khurasan for a total of 65 15mm figures, so whatever it is called, I think I  have it.

It's almost as if the 300 miniatures I already have awaiting attention just aren't enough.

Never the less, I'm pretty excited about these new orders.

I painted up my Mystri Island characters and mantis-men from Khurasan just this month (pictures to follow soon) and they are simply great figures with excellent detail. Even with my clumsy paint jobs they look good.

And, almost from the beginning of my involvement in wargaming, I've been a fan of the chunky-sometimes-crude style of Irregular. I've always hesitated ordering due to the whole currency conversion thing and their lack of an online shopping cart. I just noticed they accept PayPal - and so I decided to take the plunge.

Next time: Either some thoughts on CR3:Final Version or a 2012 goals update.

No comments:

Post a Comment