Monday, October 14, 2013

Some Home Brewed Rules for a Generic Colonial-ish Skirmish

I've taken time the past few nights to play test some ideas I have for rules for future battles on my imaginary island of Helvetica.

My goal was to take what I liked from Soldier's Companion but mash it up with ideas from other systems to give me something that would work a little better for me. That is, something a little simpler.

Here is the result:


This is, I think the 4th or 5th draft and is playable, for me, as is.

I do think I might change the Morale section to more of a G.A.S.L.I.G.H.T. chaos result in the next iteration.

However, tonight I turn my attention to The Ever Expanding Dungeon and there's no telling when I'll return to modifying these rules, so, I wanted to share what I have in case anyone else finds it helpful.

By the way, the link has also been added to the downloads section.

4 comments:

  1. I have played Colonials using G.A.S.L.I.G.H.T. without the VSF stuff and it works quite enjoyably . . . at least as long as one doesn't have too many "Heroes" (that top type are almost unkillable).

    Now however I have gone back to using "The Sword and the Flame" . . . it just gives such a good enjoyable game.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Sword and the Flame has been on my "to buy" list for a few years now, but I always put it off. I really should check it out. After all it does have a whole convention dedicated to it.

      -John

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the downloads, I'll check them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sean. I hope you find them useful. The aren't ground breaking or earth shattering, just something to keep me from switching rulesets every other game. For the time being!

      -John

      Delete