Monday, October 28, 2013

Happy Belated Blogoversary to Me (more self-indulgent than usual, is it not?)

Tabletop Diversion's 2nd anniversary came and went and I totally didn't realize it until today.

This isn't surprising really, as I forget most birthdays too.

It's been a fun ride so far - I've "met" lot's of great people through blogging, enjoyed interesting discussions in the comments and refined many of my ideas based on those discussions. 

One thing I noticed recently that has changed: I started out just trying to share my projects, as a record for myself but also to give back to the community that I had gotten so much from. Now, I find myself thinking about whether or not an idea is blog worthy or not. I need to worry about that less, as I'm not recording things and I'm forgetting about them.

Blogging also deserves the credit for getting me off my butt to finally make a zine - some 17 years after I first read the likes of Dumpster Diver, Dishwasher and R2-D2 was an Indie Rocker and thought "I want to write a zine!"

Speaking of, the 2nd issue is coming along - but as I subscribe to the broader zine community's standard of "it comes out when it comes out", I'm not making any prediction anymore about exactly when it will be ready.

"Soon" sounds like a good guess.

In any case, here's to another year of pushing toy soldiers around the table, rolling funny shaped dice, taking blurry camera phone pictures and posting all of it for the world to see.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, and thanks for the inspiration and entertainment! I've defintiely gotten a good number of tips and ideas from you and your blog (and the comments discussions), and inspiration for getting back into solo dungeoneering as well.

    ReplyDelete