Friday, March 8, 2013

A Toy-style House for About a Dollar

1/32 WWII U.S. Figures by TSSD

Materials: foamcore, white glue, white gesso (to seal the foamcore and more importantly to give it some texture), cheap-o craft paint (mixed with a lot of water to make a translucent stain), an ultra-fine Sharpie (my writing implement of choice)

Total time: about 60 minutes from start to finish over two days - that includes waiting for layers of the "stain"to dry. Most of it was done today during my lunch break. 

The roof is removable and there is a "floor" so figures can be placed on the 1st or 2nd level.
 
I know it's not for everyone, but the look is exactly what I was going for : toy-like and functional. Plus, I can knock out a bunch of these as needed with relative ease.

I hope to get it out on the table tonight for a small skirmish - possibly a replay of the Nuts! 2.0 core rules infantry scenario. I do need to hack together a suitable stone wall from some foam core (an L-shaped assembly, painted grey and using the Sharpie to indicate stones) but that won't take long.

No comments:

Post a Comment