Monday, May 21, 2012

Campaign Week 8: Battle at Port Guillaume Le Roy: The Setup

*** The Set up ***

Two weeks after the armies last met in the field of battle, Sauvignon-Blanc has fallen back to their capital on the island, the port of Guillaume Le Roy for a last stand. The town is protected in part by the sea to its north, mountains to the west, and by the Fort Geste to its east.

 

*** The rules ***

I chose G.A.S.L.I.G.H.T. to play this out. As I mentioned the other day, I had a G.A.S.L.I.G.H.T. itch in need of a scratch.

 

*** The Table ***

The port is in the upper right and the fort to the left.

Both sides have 2 imperial units, 3 native units, 1 vehicle, 1 hero and 1 unattached main character army leader.

Troops and woods were placed using dice to determine location:
The cloth isn't nearly that blue in person.

 

*** Campaign Related Stipulations ***

The weather had been stormy in the days leading up to the battle and was no different at the start. Torrential rains would limit movement (-1 to -3 inches) and ranged firing. Each turn I'd check to see if the rain would let up.
 
1er Compagnie for Sauvingon-Blanc is an elite unit. All 3 of their native units are poor.

Riesling's 7th Kompanie is elite and two of their native units are rated as average and only 1 is rated poor.

All imperial units are 10 figures (8 soldiers and 2 main character officer) and all native units are 8 figures (6 native soldiers, 1 native main character and 1 imperial officer). Morale for native units would be rolled using a d8.

 

*** Victory Conditions ***

Either fight until one army has lost 50% of its units, or until Riesling captured either the town or the fort.

 

*** Some thoughts ***

This the largest battle I've ever played out with these rules - nearly all of my VSF stuff was on the table!

Not surprisingly, it was also the longest game I've ever played - over 3.5 hours to the victory conditions and then I kept playing for giggles for another 30 or so minutes.

I used a set of Solo DBA rules to guide decisions for Sauvignon-Blanc and I would play Riesling as my own side.

Coming soon: the battle write up.

No comments:

Post a Comment