Monday, May 7, 2012

The Marines Have Landed!

First, welcome to those of you coming for a visit from the Two Hour Wargames Yahoo group! I am always surprised when someone stumbles on my blog, let alone posts a link to it.

Second, as the subject of the post says, the first of my 1:72 WWII USMC have landed!

And in sunny tropic scenes;
You will find us always on the job
The United States Marines.

I know my color choices may not suit the purists, but I like how they came out. Especially as I had meant to grab the Sea Foam and instead grabbed the Stonewedge Green. I'll probably paint some with Sea Foam simply because of the variety of shades the marine uniforms took on in the harsh conditions of the Pacific.

Colors:
Uniform - Ceramcoat Stonewedge Green
Web Kit - Americana Desert Sand
Helmet -Jo-Ann Craft Essentials Olive
Boots - Americana Honey Brown
Rifle and Scabbard - Ceramcoat Dark Brown
Flesh - Ceramcoat AC Flesh

Obviously, the basing needs to be finished and of course, there are 45 more to paint, but this is a start!

No comments:

Post a Comment