Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Fantasy Games Unlimited is Still in Business? Who knew?

Recently, for reasons I can't explain, I have been wanting to acquire a copy of Bushido (the version published by Fantasy Games Unlimited).


On eBay it fetches some wildly varying prices - particularly if you find a boxed set.

Imagine my surprise when I found that Fantasy Games Unlimited, publishers of Villains & Vigilantes (which I played a ton of as a kid), is still around, and they still publish the games that people on eBay claim are rare.

No, I didn't buy it yet - I've pretty much spent my hobby budget for April on The Art of Warfare in the Age of Marlborough, some Army Painter brushes and some paint, plus I have a rule about buying things on impulse that I try to adhere to most of the time.

But it's definitely on my list. Given the praise I've seen heaped on it, despite what is proclaimed as a complicated system (mostly due to a poor layout), at just $18 it seems like quite a deal.

4 comments:

  1. I did.

    You should have asked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A long time ago I played in a Bushido game. I don't recall anything about the mechanics but I do remember enjoying the game.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read great things about the game's ability to capture the flavor of the setting. Apparently the mechanics are similar to their After the Fall and Daredevil systems, neither of which I'm familiar with.

      -John

      Delete