Sunday, January 29, 2012

Book Sale Loot

One of the branches of the library system we use had a book sale yesterday. As I had several books to return, I had a good excuse to check out the offerings.

I got there rather late in the day and the tables looked a little picked over. They had the usual abundance of fiction, mostly newer, although some classics.  I tend to steer clear of fiction, old or new as I very rarely re-read it - and lately, other than reading One Fish, Two Fish or Green Eggs and Ham to Young Lord Shadowmoss, I don't read it at all. So, owning it just clutters up my limited book shelf space. , 

After looking at what I thought was all the non fiction, I spied in the corner, by a window, a very limited selection of history books and opposite that, a slightly more limited selection of philosophy (two things I tend to buy at used book stores). I probably could have come away with more, but knowing my reading time is limited and that I still have yet to finish the French Foreign Legion book, I purchased only two.

For a grand total of $3 (U.S.) i came away with:

Battleships of the U.S. Navy in World War II by Stefan Terzibaschitsch

This and the War at Sea starter set looks like a start on a new period/genre of games to me

There are obvious game table implications for the above - not so much for the second title:  A Modern Utopia by H.G. Wells
Can you guess where I got this image?
I just happen to have enjoyed everything written by Wells that I've read, and for $2, I figured what the heck? 

Add stopping for falafel (with 2 extra pita and a side of olives, thank you) at my favorite Mediterranean place in Atlanta, and then later watching Tora! Tora! Tora! on the military channel, and it was a pretty nice Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment