I decided to break down my gaming into three periods/genres that I want to actively pursue in the next year: WWII, Great Northern War, and Fantasy (which I've stretched to include VSF/Imaginations). None of this requires additional purchases, save starting the FoW Polish Late War Tank Division.
Great Northern War:
- Finish 20 - 36 more Swedish infantry
- Finish 12 - -18 cavalry each
- Finish 2 -4 guns + crew each,
- Finish 1-4 officers each
These numbers will allow me to play, in a much stylized and small fashion (the lower numbers represent the bare minimum I think I would be OK with), Table Top Teasers/Scenarios for Wargames, etc. instead of being in a holding pattern. Then as I finish more figures the nature of the games can change accordingly.
Fantasy: This is all over the place as it covers solo and social gaming, RPGs and miniature wargames.
- Ever Expanding Dungeon, at least 12x
- Ruins of the Under City - at least try it out 1x.
- How to Host a Dungeon - try it out at least 1x.
- Paint up remaining figures of goblins and kobolds, 9 more each, to try Song of Blades and Heroes
- Run a Sisters of the Sword - Japantasy for home group with Yamato M20
- Run 4 sessions of Labyrinth Lord at DragonCon
- Run an open table campaign with LL 1x per month at FLGS for meetup group
- Release issues 2 and 3 of zine
- Reread and run a TMNT game - solo or social - by 12.31.13
- Paint Malifaux factions
- Helvetica campaign - finish setup (the thieves took my laptop and much of my background info is now lost) and play a game turn at least once per month
Now that I see it all bullet-ed out, I'm disturbed by the length of that list! Some editing may be necessary.
- Pacific 1/72
- Assemble and paint USMC tanks
- Paint USMC infantry to fill out specialist troops (M1917A, mortar, grenade launcher, BAR, etc).
- Play through some Britton Publishers scenarios for the PTO.
- Finish remaining palm trees, make craters, hills, etc.
- European Theater 1/32
- Trees, hills, buildings, etc.
- Eastern Front 1/32
- Finish painting Airfix Soviets and Germans, including tanks.
- Play Skirmish Campaigns, Red Guards at Kursk modified for my collection and table.
- Build Eastern front farm houses (3-5) for villages. Trees as above.
- European Theater 15mm
- Finish US Airborne,
- Assemble/paint tanks.
- Learn FoW rules.
- Paint Germans.
The yellow highlights above represent items that are questionable and are dependent on other factors.